Facility Rental Policy
Alton Baptist Church
FACILITY RENTAL POLICY
1. ALL Boards and groups using the church facilities are encouraged to
complete a form supplied by the church prior to its use.
Note: - This includes all Church related boards and groups who use the facilities on a regular weekly or monthly basis. These groups will complete the form once a year, noting the person in charge and the facilities required.
2. There will be no charge for the use of the facilities when used by boards or groups of the Alton Baptist Church or by groups that have been approved by the Facilities Booking Coordinator.
3. ALL groups using the facilities will designate a person in charge who shall be
present all the time that group is in the building. The name, address and phone number of the person in charge will be recorded when making arrangements for use of the facilities.
4. The person making reservations is responsible to insure that the building is properly secured, or phone a member of the Facilities Booking Committee and remain at the building until the person arrives.
5. ALL groups renting the facilities from the Alton Baptist Church are restricted
to the areas of the building as agreed upon when the application form is completed. EXAMPLE: - Rental of the hall does not include other rooms unless agreed upon.
6. Furniture, including hymn books, and Bibles, are not to be removed from one room to another without permission of the booking committee. Furniture that is moved must be replaced where found.
7. The kitchen must be locked at all times. Selected people or groups will be told where the key will be kept.
8. The Committee may provide a person to supervise each group renting any
part of the facilities when they deem it necessary.
9. Preference will be given to a church related group but once the date and time has been confirmed, it is not to be changed without the permission of the group renting the facilities.
10. In general, the ARC will be rented to profit or non-profit organizations for
fund-raising projects. This will be at the discretion of the Facilities
11. Rental or use of the hall does not automatically include use of the kitchen.
12. Groups using or renting the church facilities but not paying janitorial fees
must supply people to set up and clean up under supervision or have other arrangements approved by the committee in advance.
Janitorial deposit fee $50.00 – refunded after inspection.
13. ALL groups using or renting the facilities must guarantee to pay for all damage done while they are using the building. Damage deposit $100.00; Key Deposit $35.00.
14. The ARC is not available to outside groups for long term leases.
Arrangements are made on a weekly or a monthly basis.
Groups – re-apply each year.
Church has the option of terminating any arrangement immediately without notice.
15. The Lessor shall not be liable for goods or property left with or on the
Property beyond the rental period as described herein, unless specific prior arrangements are made with the Lessor.
16. There will be no smoking, no gambling, no public dancing, no serving or use
of alcoholic beverages in the facilities.
17. All rental events must be over by 11:00 p.m. unless special arrangements
18. Unauthorized occupation of use of the facilities not outlined within this
Agreement, shall constitute a violation of this Agreement.
19. Groups, other than Alton Church Groups, using the kitchen facilities must provide their own tables clothes and cup towels. These items are not to be removed from the kitchen.
20. It will be necessary to have 2 persons, minimum age of 18 years, in attendance during any Youth activities taking place in the ARC. The designated persons will be considered to be in charge and responsible for activities and to see that the area is left clean and in good condition.
21. It will be necessary to designate a parking lot attendant to ensure that the driveway around the facility is kept free of traffic at all times – in keeping with the regulations of the Fire Marshall’s Department .
THE ARC RENTAL FEES
Morning, Afternoon or Evening $50.00
With kitchen $75.00
All day, morning, afternoon, evening $100.00
With kitchen $150.00
Small Rooms $ 25.00
Damage Deposit $ 50.00
Janitorial Services $ 50.00
Key Deposit $ 35.00
THOSE RENTING THE FACILITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE TO LEAVE THE FACILITY IN THE CONDITION IN WHICH IT WAS FOUND AND ALSO TO REMOVE ALL GARBAGE (OR PAY TO HAVE IT DONE). THERE IS A GREEN WOODEN STORAGE BIN FOR GARBAGE AT THE END OF THE PARKING LOT FACING SCHOFIELD ROAD WHERE ALL BAGS SHOULD BE PLACED.
ALTON UNITED BAPTIST CHURCH
REQUEST FORM FOR USE OF “THE ARC”
PERSON or GROUP ___________________________________________________
CONTACT PERSON ___________________________________________________
PHONE NUMBER _____________________________________________________
Are you a Church Member ______________________________________________
FUNCTION (including description) ______________________________________
DATE ____________________TIME – FROM _____________ TO _____________
LOCATION/FACILITIES REQUESTED: - AUDITORIUM________________
- KITCHEN ___________________
- CHURCH BASEMENT ________
- SANCTUARY ________________
ARE CATERING SERVICES REQUIRED? _______________________________
DESCRIBE: - ______________________________________________________________________
AUTHORIZED BY ___________________________ DATE ___________________
BOARD OF TRUSTEES APPROVAL ___________________ DATE ___________
1st. copy to Rental Committee Chairman
2nd. copy to Applicant
3rd. copy Church Office/Trustees